If you’re here then it’s probably because you’re interested in hearing more about becoming a friend of the popular Instagram challenge, #MarchMeetTheMaker for 2020.
As a quick recap, #MarchMeetTheMaker was created by Joanne Hawker and has had a whopping 463k posts on the hashtag since its creation in 2016. The challenge is popular amongst designers, makers and small business owners and encourages them to talk about different aspects of their business. The challenge reaches a wide number of people over various different crafts and professions, all at different stages of their small business.
So, what do you get for becoming a friend of the challenge?
- There will be a dedicated page for the ‘friends’ of the challenge where up to 9 businesses will be featured in alphabetical order. Each business will need to supply an image that works well in both portrait and square mode. There will be room for up to two lines of text (approximately 85 characters or less), and a link to your website.
- A spot in a dedicated friends of the challenge email going out to over 2,000 of the challenge participants telling everyone who you are and what you do.
- A story on my Instagram page as part of the ‘friends of #MarchMeetTheMaker’. This will be posted on day 1 (usually the busiest day of the challenge!) and will include a swipe up link of your choice. Currently the Joanne Hawker Instagram page has a follower count of 48.6k but this is likely to increase over the coming weeks.
- Another story at the end of the challenge thanking all of the friends who has sponsored #MarchMeetTheMaker. This will include the same content as the Day 1 Instagram story.
What will I need from you?
In order to complete the friends page by my deadline I will need all of the content from you by no later than the 21st February 2019. I will need you to send me the following to email@example.com after payment has been made:
- The industry title you'd like to appear in the purple box (see screenshot!)
- The name of your business
- A description of your business in 85 characters or less
- The link you would like to appear on the page and Instagram stories
- A description of your business in 300 characters or less (for the email feature)
- One square image - 1500 x 1500px
- One portrait image - 897 x 1038px (please keep anything important away from the edge as these may be cropped slightly)
Please note that only 9 slots are available and that I am unable to hold or reserve them. They are sold on a first come first served basis and all friends of the challenge will be placed in alphabetical order on the official website. This friends page will remain on the #MarchMeetTheMaker website for a minimum of 6 months.
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a friend of #MarchMeetTheMaker!