Become a sponsor!
Become a sponsor!
If you’re here then it’s probably because you’re interested in hearing more about becoming a sponsor of the popular Instagram challenge, #MarchMeetTheMaker for 2023. The package has had a make over since it was first introduced to help show you to more makers!
As a quick recap, #MarchMeetTheMaker was created by Joanne Hawker and has had a whopping 828K posts on the hashtag since its creation in 2016. The challenge is popular among designers, makers and small business owners and encourages them to talk about different aspects of their business. The challenge reaches a wide number of people over various different crafts and professions, all at different stages of their small business.
So, what do you get for becoming a sponsor of the challenge?
- There will be a dedicated space on the homepage on the March Meet The Maker website for the sponsors of the challenge where up to 3 businesses will be featured in order of appearance in the challenge. Each business will need to supply an image that works well in both portrait and square mode. There will be room for up to two lines up to 85 characters of text, and a link to your website. This page will be left up for a minimum of 6 months (although it is usually a full year!)
- A spot in a dedicated ‘friends of the challenge’ email going out to over 2,500 of the challenge participants telling everyone who you are and what you do. These are generally makers, and handmade business owners who partake in the challenge.
- A group grid post where everyone is introduced in one post on the main feed.
- Group stories along the same lines as the grid post for anyone who didn’t see the introductory grid post.
- A group story at the end of the challenge thanking sponsors.
- A solo grid post for your business on one of 3 Sundays within the month with matching story. Please note that I am unable to run giveaways on the grid due to the wonderful spammers that clone accounts and trick followers. Therefore, I won’t be encouraging these any longer. However, sign-ups for educational content such as free webinars to encourage people to join a course are most welcomed as it benefits yourself and the people who sign up! I can also add this link to my bio and the website under the weekly ‘grow your sales’ section which sits underneath the sponsors.
- If you’re promoting something on your chosen Sunday a stories will be repeated and posted on Tuesday and Thursday after to help promote it further.
What will I need from you?
In order to complete the sponsors page by my deadline I will need all of the content from you by no later than the 9th February 2023 (otherwise we will go live with placeholder information and you may miss out on click throughs) I will need you to send me the following to email@example.com with your order number in the subject line after payment has been made:
- The industry title you'd like to appear in the purple box (see screenshot!)
- The name of your business
- A description of your business in 85 characters or less
- The link you would like to appear on the page and Instagram stories
- A description of your business in 300 characters or less (for the email feature)
- One square image - 1500 x 1500px
- One portrait image - 897 x 1038px (please keep anything important away from the edge as these may be cropped slightly)
- We can chat about the content you want to supply for your specified Sunday via email if you wish so that we can make it work as best as possible for you. However, information, links and imagery will still need to be supplied by the deadline.
Please note that only 3 slots are available and that I am unable to hold or reserve them. They are sold on a first come first served basis and all sponsors of the challenge will be placed in order of appearance during the challenge on the official website. This page section will remain on the #MarchMeetTheMaker website for a minimum of 6 months.
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a sponsor of #MarchMeetTheMaker!