What to write in an Anniversary card
You've spent ages looking for the perfect anniversary card for your other half, but now comes the hard bit, what do you write inside it? For me, this is usually the hardest part of sending a special occasion greeting card so I've put together a list of things that you could say or some ideas that may help to inspire your own personal messages.
Before we begin, I just wanted to put it out there that you don't have to fill an anniversary card with mush. You can go funny, sarcastic, to the point, simply cute (or if you want to pour your heart out, go for it!). Just do what feels right to you!
To your other half:
- "Thank you for another amazing year together, and here's to many more."
- "Thank's for putting up with me for another year!"
- "Here's to yet another year of annoying the crap out of each other."
- "Happy anniversary to my best friend and my favourite human."
- "Here's to another incredible trip around the sun together."
- "Happy anniversary to the kindest, most funny, and loving person I know."
- "I'm so lucky to have you, happy anniversary to my best half."
- "Happy [insert number of years] ... together! Love you more and more each day."
To a another couple:
- "Sending lots of love and warm wishes on your anniversary."
- "Wishing you all the happiness in the world!"
- "Happy anniversary to my two favourite people."
- "I can't believe it's been [X many years] since [insert favourite memory from their wedding day]. Happy anniversary!"
- "Wishing you both a life time of happiness."
- "Happy [X years] anniversary and here's to many more to come!"
- "May the adventure continue!"
- "I remembered this time! Happy [insert number] anniversary!"
First wedding anniversary:
- "You are my sun, my moon, and all my stars." - E.E. Cummings
- "A year ago today, you made me the happiest person on earth."
- "A year ago today I was lucky enough to marry the kindest person I know, my best friend and favourite human. Happy first anniversary of the happiest moment of my life."
- "Happy first year of being legally stuck with me!"
- "We made it! Happy first wedding anniversary!"
- "Happy one year of drinking 3650 cups of tea, 52 bars of chocolate, 12 dates, and 2 trips to our favourite place." - replace with your own personal facts!
Last anniversary before you wed:
- "This time next year we'll be husband and wife [or husband & husband, or wife & wife].
- "This time next year we'll be Mr & Mrs [mr & mr etc.]
- "This time next year we will have started a new adventure and will have a new anniversary to celebrate!"
- "This time next year I will have said 'I do' to my best friend and my favourite human. I can't wait to marry you!"
- "Happy last anniversary as Mr [insert name] and Miss [insert name]. I can't wait to Mrs [insert name]!"
- "Happy last anniversary before you are stuck with me for life!"
- "Sending big love on your big anniversary!"
- "Congratulations on so many wonderful years together!"
- "[X number] of years of memories since you both said I do."
- "I can't believe it's been [X many years] since [insert favourite memory from their wedding day]. Happy anniversary!" - this one can be re-used if you attended their big day all those years ago and perhaps share a memory they may have forgotten about!
Still need to find that perfect card? You can shop my range of anniversary and special occasion cards by clicking on the image below!